Where's the party at?
It's not a proper VW event without a little bit of entertainment, now is it? As well as the usual line-up of traders, we've got the following entertainment set up for you:
Friday - Evening
- The Sockheads a 5-piece band hailing (mostly) from Bristol who play an eclectic mix of covers in very much their own style. Find out more about the band on Facebook.
- Out N Running will be the headline act for Friday. They're a tight 4-piece who play rock covers from the likes of Thin Lizzy and Kings of Leon. Out N Running on MySpace.
Saturday - Daytime
- Show & Shine - from 9am to 3pm. Want to show your pride and joy at Dub Aid? Have a word with Clive to find out how.
- Moving Rhythms will be providing the DJ entertainment and, for Friday night only (for those brave enough to give it a go), karaoke and open mic.
Saturday - Evening
- Annie is a singer/songwriter and, at 19, has already released her debut album 'Fabulous Reject' and single 'Cry' (both available on iTunes). Check out Annie Jones' music on MySpace
- The Sockheads will be back again for another session!
- The Edsel Furys play a heady mix of stuff based around 60's US Garage - think early Small Faces - or at a push The Rolling Stones. Nnnice!!
- The Rocker Covers (see what they did there?) do rockabilly covers. Well, with a name like that, what else would you expect?
- Moving Rhythms are back, but without the karaoke (a sigh of relief for some at this point!)
Sunday - Daytime
Cruise day! The cruise from Castle Combe to - and through - Wootton Bassett starts from 10am. We'll provide all the details you need on your arrival, and the cruise will be staggered as per police requirements throughout the morning.
Important: Participation on the cruise is only guaranteed for weekend/camping ticket holders. Day ticket attendees may also take part in the cruise but the spaces available will be limited and it will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
Mega thanks to our entertainments sponsors
None of this would have been possible without the support of our awesome entertainment sponsors:
Showscape have donated some great staging for the event with plenty of frills and spills. We'll spare the tech details, but suffice to say it's gonna be perfect!
Big thanks to Ian Few at Fews Marquees (and to Rod Heppolette for putting us in touch) for helping out with the entertainment marquees. Can't trust the British weather, after all!